High-volume multi-specialty practice seeks experienced Medical Intake Representative in the West Palm Beach – Palm Beach Gardens area.
General duties of the Intake Department: Medical Intake Coordinator
- Demonstrates the ability to use standard office equipment such as telephones, computers, copiers, fax machines and others.
- Answers and screens inquiry calls, faxes, and emails from prospective clients and patients.
- Intake coordinators conduct initial evaluations to determine the treatment level needed for each potential patient.
- Communicates with other team members/departments constructively in order to reduce conflict and enhance the resolution of issues.
- Displays the ability to communicate with others effectively, listen closely and convey points clearly.
- Checks multiple electronic verification systems to verify current health insurance coverage. Assists individuals without health insurance to apply. Intake coordinators verify insurance for each patient. This may include calling insurance companies to inquire about coverage and calling primary care doctors to obtain necessary referrals and authorizations.
- Respects client or patient dignity and confidentiality.
- Shows proficiency with computer programs which may include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and others (eClinical Works experience is a PLUS)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and the ability to calm patients or clients who may be distraught and make decisions based upon anticipated outcomes.
- Possesses the ability to adjust to constantly changing workloads.
- Adheres to company policies, including the facility dress code and appears professional at all times.
Summary of Skill Requirements:
- Communication – Intake coordinators have excellent verbal communication skills and active listening skills to evaluate patients and assess their care needs
- Customer Service – They use customer service skills to answer questions and guide patients through the admissions process
- Time Management – Intake coordinators use excellent time management skills to schedule appointments for patients and manage multiple patients and multiple phone lines at once
- Data Entry – Because intake coordinators enter information into digital systems and create patient files, data entry skills are a must-have for this job
- Computer Skills – These professionals work with computer programs to verify insurance coverage, access and fill out digital forms, and maintain digital patient files, all of which require proficient computer skills
- Attention to Detail – Intake specialists review all of a patient’s medical history with a close eye so as not to miss any details that will deter care.
Compassion – Intake specialists see people during moments of trauma or crisis, where they and their family are vulnerable or in pain. Being compassionate is an asset in this field.
- Organization – Intake specialists often see multiple patients every day, with a myriad of needs. Keeping their records organized is crucial.
- Communication Skills – Intake specialists need to be good listeners and good speakers. They communicate with patients and their families and often are the go-between them and doctors or other medical staff.
- Patience – Being patient with people who may have trouble communicating or understanding what is happening is important.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the healthcare field
- Previous experience with Eclinical Works EMR
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish)-MANDATORY
- Must have knowledge of ECW EMR-MANDATORY
- Medical office: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
How We Can Help You?
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain Most people experience shoulder pain at some point in their lives. It can be a symptom of …
ORTHOPAEDICS: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW As incredible as it appears, it is an established fact that more than 6.3 million fractures …